MISSION STATEMENT San Marin High School is committed to providing a safe environment that promotes critical thinking, optimal learning, and achievement of the Common Core State Standards. San Marin High School will prepare every student to become.
CRITICAL THINKERS WHO:
• Pursue academic excellence.
• Acquire reliable and valid information from print, electronic media, and personal interviews.
• Interpret, understand, and analyze information from the above sources, evaluating source bias and credibility.
• Appreciate, integrate, and apply knowledge across multiple subject areas.
• Apply information and knowledge to influence choices and decisions resulting in positive personal and social behavior.
• Extend knowledge in our core academic areas through attendance at a post-secondary institution, work-based learning opportunity, or career exploration
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS WHO:
• Carefully read or listen and comprehend information.
• Write logically and clearly using standard academic English across all disciplines.
• Speak and present with poise, clear enunciation, and command of standard academic English.
• Understand and use up-to-date technology to assist in communication, research, presentations and writing, and research.
COLLABORATIVE WORKERS WHO:
• Successfully work, write, and present information in teams and groups.
• Effectively manage time and resources.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
CULTURALLY INVOLVED AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUALS WHO:
• Understand various viewpoints, belief systems, lifestyles and cultures.
• Appreciate, critically evaluate, and participate in the arts.
• Take responsibility for one’s own health and wellness.
• Understand how their behavior affects themselves and others in the community.
• Contribute their time, energies and talents to improve the quality of life in our schools, communities, nation and world.